Channel Engagement Framework
The new Channel Engagement Framework is accompanied by many features which were not available to user prior to update. One new upgrade is that, the same rules that you could use to automatically create cases from incoming email or social channels in the previous version, have been improved to automatically create or update one or more records from any single incoming activity such as email, social or a custom activity. Some additional new features include:
- Take any OOTB or Custom activity and convert to multiple CRM records
- Associate new entity to regarding entity records
- More Actions Available
- SDK support to apply rules to existing records (ex: for the cases where records have been created while rule was inactive
- Integrate from anywhere and map any channel property into CRM data fields
- Solution aware
If the user wants to create a rule within the Channel Engagement Framework, he or she must execute the following navigation steps:
Settings > Business Management > Automatic Record Creation and Update Rules
Once the user is navigated to the Automatic Record Creation and Update Rules window, they must follow the following steps in order to create a rule.
- Define Name
- Choose Source Type
- Possible to associate to a queue
- Define additional Channel Properties
- Specify Conditions for Record Creation
- Define auto response setting
Once you have created the rule, it is possible to add rule items or update the rule’s details. Each rule can contain conditions, actions and other actions. However, the actions sections is locked down to only one per record still. Any others will have to be created on the “specify other actions” section. It is also possible to add rules to solutions, packaging them for other deployments.
Entitlements New Features
With the new update, there is now support for Default Entitlement as well as the ability to Control Entitlement Terms on Case Records.
To create and set a default entitlement for a customer the customer must follow these navigation steps:
Settings > Service Management > Entitlements
Once the case is created, the entitlement is then marked as default and assigned to that case. The user must also “Set as Default” in order for the assignment to be completed, regardless if there is only one entitlement for that customer. It is important to know that if an entitlement is already set as default for a customer, setting another entitlement as default will override the existing one, and set the new entitlement as default.
Along with the new update, Parature Integration provides much richer knowledge management experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. By using the Parature Knowledge Base (KB) you have the ability to execute the following features:
- View system-suggested KB articles
- Search for relevant KB articles
- Read the content of KB articles inline, including embedded images or videos
- Send KB article links to customers
- Auto Suggestion based on Entity attributes
And once the CRM Online is upgraded to Update 1, the following additional features are included:
- KB Search control is enabled in Social Pane
- New Tab in case form called “Linked Knowledge Base Records” which contains a subgrid to show linked KB records
- 2 New Charts added in place of 2 existing charts in “Customer Service Operations dashboard”
When utilizing the Parature Integration there are a few things that are important to consider. First, you must realize that you can only connect to one department at a time and that all entities OOB or custom which are enabled for n:n relationship can be enabled for Knowledge Management.
Unified Service Desk
USD now provides enhanced knowledge management capabilities through integration with Parature where, allowing display the articles stored within a knowledge base software, such as Parature, within a special hosted control. The new hosted Control, KM Control includes the following features:
- Can be configured to host Left Panel, Right Panel, or Main Panel inside Unified Service Desk
- Provides contextual action calls
- Is available without any entity form, Provides richer experience with multiple applications and sessions management
- Provides ability to create custom actions and automation during Knowledge Search experiences