Microsoft Cloud ERP For Cannabis Growers and Processors
Seed to Sale Tracking, Plus So Much More
The cannabis industry is expanding at an astounding pace, and companies competing for a share of this market face unprecedented challenges – and extraordinary opportunities. Often, we see rapidly growing cannabis companies running multi-million-dollar operations on entry-level accounting software and spreadsheets. Disconnected, incomplete applications rob the organization of the visibility needed to sustain growth, expansion, and profitability. Simplified, one-note solutions (like QuickBooks or seed-to-sale applications) cannot provide the comprehensive functionality required to run a successful, profitable, and compliant cannabis business.
SilverLeaf is a comprehensive and user-friendly agribusiness ERP solution built to tackle the unique challenges cannabis growers and processors face. SilverLeaf Cannabis ERP delivers functionality for financials, production, inventory, shipping, and other vital workloads, so you can easily manage, measure, and track performance to keep your operation growing. SilverLeaf integrates all the functions you need to optimize your cannabis business on top of the best-in-class ERP platform: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
At Velosio, we understand that every detail can impact your bottom line. Our team not only understands today’s software, but many come from a cannabis background. They bring industry experience and expertise, ensuring we understand your business and can help you maximize success.
Manage Your Entire Business in One Place
We’ve spent three decades implementing and configuring ERP for industry leaders and value Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central as the foundation of SilverLeaf because it was designed for manufacturers and distributors.
D365 Business Central (BC) also gives our team the flexibility to configure extensible solutions that are industry-specific for cannabis growers, yet manageable for a lean IT team.
Maintain Regulatory Compliance
Integrate and reconcile your cannabis growers data with state tracking systems (e.g. Metrc, BioTrackTHC, Leaf Data Systems). Support the execution of your 280e strategy. Track and maintain state and local business tax requirements for cannabis growers (sales, excise, cultivation). Utilize auditable financials, with robust tracking of system usage throughout, and support GAAP and IFRS environments.
All these necessary system integrities, process assurances, and tools are built into SilverLeaf ERP for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
What SilverLeaf Cannabis ERP Can Do For You
- Onboard and train your agribusiness employees faster with a modern cloud platform accessible on any device.
- Reduce manual processes and reliance on spreadsheets.
- Integrate with ordering platforms used by your retail customers.
- Gain real-time visibility into inventory available and streamline load management.
Maintain Regulatory Compliance
- Integrate and reconcile with state tracking systems (Metrc, BioTrackTHC, Leaf Data Systems).
- Support the execution of your 280e strategy.
- Track and maintain state and local business tax requirements for cannabis growers (sales, excise, cultivation).
- Utilize auditable financials with robust tracking of system usage.
- Support GAAP and IFRS environments.
Engage in Strategic Planning
- Forecast yield based on production history.
- Monitor consumption rates, demand trends, and product popularity.
- Track machine usage and labor rates to schedule effectively.
- Forecast demand to drive production plan and inform procurement planning.
- Track quality measures throughout production.
- Monitor waste and scrap to select vendors and conduct manufacturing processes more effectively.
- Measure inventory availability based on lead or grow time and life expectancy.
- Track inventory grow cycles, movement, placement, and location.
- Compare expected to actual costs.
Gain Insights and Visibility
- Monitor and analyze essential agribusiness KPIs.
- Understand the true cost of production.
- Track sales campaigns and impact to revenue from discounts and marketing efforts.
- View dashboards with expected output by location, variety, and other measures.
Inventory & Procurement
Know your costs, manage your processes, and optimize your operational resources with SilverLeaf.
- MRP Planning for Cannabis growers
- Batch Measures
- Machine Scheduling
- Strain Management
- Full Lot/Batch Traceability
- Replenishment Triggers
- Supports State Tracking
Cultivation & Quality Controls
Optimize your grow facility and all associated costs.
- Plant Tracking by Tag
- Track Cultivation Costs Management
- User Definable Tests and Measures
- Results Tracking
- Multiple COA Layouts
- Internal Controls for QC & QA
Sales and Delivery
Streamline order placement, scheduling, and invoicing to best serve your customers.
- Chain of Custody
- License Management
- Google Maps Delivery Dispatch
- Manifest Creation
- Order Entry Matrix
Full Business Management Solution Designed for Cannabis Companies
Silver Leaf is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution built for cannabis operations, including cultivators, manufacturers, processors, and distributors. SilverLeaf incorporates all the benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central combined with cannabis-specific features growing cannabis companies need, including product tracking, quality control, delivery compliance, and financial best practices. SilverLeaf Cannabis ERP helps cannabis companies:
- Understand the true costs of producing each product
- Bring data to life with valuable dashboards created with Microsoft Power BI
- Demonstrate compliance and streamline audits with robust internal controls and rapid access to data
- Build and maintain a robust quality control program
- Control the quarantine process automatically and track lab results
- Improve forecasting and optimize supply chain planning
- Ensure chain of custody tracking with manifest generation and mapping, and signature capture
- Easily integrate with state track and trace systems, including Leaf and Metrc
Cannabis Growers and Processors
Velosio has real experience in helping cannabis growers and processors better understand their profitability, maximize space utilization and gain end-to-end management of sales and operations to drive growth.
Cannabis growers need to establish a comprehensive view of their work, and Velosio’s business management systems, with tools from Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365 and Azure, can create that landscape for wide-reaching benefits.
Microsoft Dynamics makes the perfect software solution for the sales, operational, supply chain, distribution and analytics needs of your business.
SilverLeaf for Growers is designed to help:
- Automate activities that you currently handle manually.
- Gain a complete view of your space needs based on both historical and real-time data so you can leverage every square foot of space.
- Equip your teams with data and insights to be more efficient.
- Provide your team the tools to work collaboratively and achieve goals.
- Plan for the upcoming season by accurately ordering, tracking and using materials, plants and products for operational and financial success.
- Utilize existing programs like Microsoft 365, integrated with powerful business tools and timesaving features.
- Take advantage of efficiency-boosting, cloud-based technology configured for your cultivation management software needs.
Our powerful cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions help cannabis businesses grow their products and their business with robust management features for finances, planning, supply chain management, sales and more. With tools from the Microsoft Dynamics line of products, Velosio’s software solutions can help you stay ahead of the curve with best-fit applications for a digitally focused business world.
Why Velosio for Your Cannabis Grower and Processor Software Solution?
We know that every detail can impact your bottom line. Our unique experience helping industry leaders transform their business with Microsoft Dynamics makes Velosio the leading partner for your cannabis management software.
Some of the reasons businesses turn to Velosio include:
- Versatile support: Velosio has the resources and programs to help with nearly every aspect of your business landscape. Our cannabis grower software solutions include support for financials, inventory, operations, project management, customer relationship management (CRM) and other elements of your greenhouse’s growth.
- Trusted service: Velosio is trusted by thousands of clients and is consistently ranked in the top 1% of Microsoft Dynamics Partners worldwide. We offer SilverLeaf ERP software configured for your company’s unique needs. With Velosio, you’re getting the expertise of our team, along with a robust network of resources and all the quality you expect from Microsoft.
- Individualized solutions: Every cannabis operation is different. We can create the right setup for your business, regardless of your size, goals and challenges. We aim to make things simple for our clients, and we do this by matching your cannabis software to your organization’s needs.
- Modernized tools for digital innovation: As the world becomes more and more digitally focused, you need to know that your organization can keep up. Velosio makes digital transformation easy via Microsoft Dynamics 365 and business-specific cannabis computer software.
Learn More From the Cannabis Software Experts
To learn more about our SilverLeaf and Dynamics 365, please reach out to our team. You can contact us online, email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (888) 725-2555.
5 Capabilities Cannabis Companies Need to Grow Their Reputations for Quality
The cannabis industry launched as one of the most highly-regulated industries in the world —and as it has grown, the regulations surrounding it have expanded too. Initially, there was little or no required testing in the states where cannabis was legal. Nevertheless, now every state requires cannabis producers to send their products to testing labs to undergo a battery of purity and safety tests.
Here, we suggest five capabilities your cannabis brand should consider that will take you beyond compliance toward a reputation for quality that differentiates your brand from its competitors.
Our Latest Recognitions
A Business Leaders Guide to Dynamics 365 ERP
Velosio’s Microsoft experts will weigh in throughout to share insights and best practices gleaned from years on the job. Additionally, this series examines emerging trends, product updates, and how real companies use D365 in the real-world – putting the game-changing ERP in a broader context.
244 Pages | Published: March 31, 2022
4 Top Reasons for Growers to Adopt an End-to-End Business Management Solution
According to a report by Precedence Research, between 2021 and 2030, the global commercial greenhouse market size is projected to grow more than...Read More
Dispelling the 4 Myths Keeping Greenhouses from Adopting a Business Management Solution
Many small greenhouse growers dismiss the idea of implementing an end-to-end business management solution, also known as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools. They...Read More
Sure Signs It’s Time Move Your Agribusiness Beyond QuickBooks and Excel
Your top retail customer calls in for pricing and availability for 500 white wedding hydrangea shrubs. The sales rep isn’t sure what’s available...Read More
Greenhouse Growers Feeling Pressure to Adopt Modern Technology
The greenhouse grower market continues to expand rapidly while supply chain costs continue to rise. But there is continued pressure on growers to...Read More
4 Ways Technology Can Be a Hidden Advantage for Greenhouse Growers
Introduction A major factor of success for greenhouse growers is technology innovation. Modern applications and devices position you better to generate sufficient margins...Read More
The Top 3 Challenges Facing Greenhouse Growers in 2023 and Ways to Get Ahead
According to many reports from business analysts and industry groups, market disruptions and uncertainty are expected to continue. We’ve talked with many growers...Read More
5 Ways Growers Can Leverage Data to Tackle Market Uncertainty
When business is booming, growers sometimes overlook how efficiently their operations are running. In horticulture operations, there’s enough revenue coming in the door...Read More
Article - 5 Capabilities Cannabis Companies Need to Grow Their Reputations for QualityRead More