December 1st we saw the release of GP 2016 R2, keeping the roadmap of Microsoft Dynamics GP alive and well. We have seen the progression from GP 2015 to GP 2016 and now to 2016 R2. As we continue progressing to GP 2018 and beyond we can be sure that each one will be unique in its own way and have special benefits that only its users will be able to see.
Building on the foundation of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016, GP 2016 R2 has some features that are unique and will be sure to enhance business productivity and efficiency. With GP 2016 R2, a user can expect to have the following features:
- SmartList Favorite Protection
- Display Tax Percent for Historical Transactions
- Cancel PO when linked to a requisition
- PA Timesheet Status Report
- GL Distribution Line Display Expanded
- Credit Limit Warning Calculation for unposted Credit Documents
- Power BI on Web Client Home page
- SafePay file displays Check Name from the Check
- POP to FA Link to Include Taxes
- Save Fixed Asset ID with suffix
In addition to the above features, GP 2016 R2 does have a couple changes in regards to Batch Error Messages and GL Distribution Line Display UI Change. The Batch error message will now have the User ID displayed in “This batch is being edited by another user.” The GL Transaction Entry and Journal Entry Inquiry windows will default the scrolling window expanded or collapsed based on the previous display state. This is a per user, per form automatic setting.
Stay tuned as we continue to go in depth about each of the new features available with GP 2016 R2.