Everything You Will Ever Need to Know About Dynamics 365 ERP. Now in our exclusive e-Book! Get your free copy today!
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2020 Year End Update
2020 Year End Updates will be released November 20th for clients running GP versions 2016 and newer. No updates will be provided for GP 2015 and older version. There are major changes for both Payroll and Payables that will require the year-end update be installed for most clients.
Available in 2020 Year End Updates:
- Payables 1099-NEC form
- Payroll Wages for FFCRA report on W2 Box 14
- 2020 Payroll 941 format changes
- ACA form and instruction changes
- Clients on GP2018 or GP 18.2 will be updated to GP 18.3 after the installation of the year-end update.
Contact your Client Sales Manager to schedule your year end update installation
Additional Update Details
Features that will be rolled back to GP 2016 at year-end time and require table changes:
- Add DBA Name field on Vendor Maintenance window for 1099 Vendors
- 1099-MISC Updates
- The 2021 Tax Table Updates will be released late December.
No update to GP for the Executive Order noted on the tax pages.
- There will be no update to Microsoft Dynamics GP for the Payroll Tax Deferral (Notice 2020-65) released on August 28. This is because the IRS has not published new tax table changes for the deferral.
- The deferral is optional for employers to implement. Any questions regarding the regulation of the tax deferral should be directed to a tax attorney or tax accountant.
Year End Webinar
Whether this is your first year-end payroll processing or you are a veteran, it’s never too early to start planning. In addition, if you generate 1099-M’s from GP, this webinar is for you. Oh, and one more thing – have you had issues recently with word templates? You also don’t want to miss this webinar.
Access our GP 2020 Year End Webinar as our GP experts walk through what’s included in year end updates and how this impacts you.
Microsoft Word Error from Microsoft Office Update
Dynamics GP Word Templates Not Emailing/Printing After Office Update
After a recent Microsoft Office update, some Dynamics GP users reporting the following error message when either printing to the screen, saving or emailing Word documents: “Word experienced an error trying to open the file.”
The issue is with opening the file, not generating the Word document. The files will still show in the file location chosen, or in the email you want to send. If you are sending emails to customers or vendors, Microsoft recommends sending them as a PDF rather than a DOCX. If your customer or vendor has updated Office, they will be unable to open the emailed attachment.
The current work around is to roll back the Office update to the previous version while Microsoft works on a more long-term solution but this is not recommended since the Office update contains security updates.
See Microsoft’s blog here for more information on the issue.
Dynamics GP 18.3, which was released on Monday, October 5, contains a full fix for this issue. Microsoft is also planning to roll the fix back to GP2016.
GP 18.3 New Features and Fixes
Dynamics GP 18.3 Released 10/5/2020
GP 18.3 was released and has new FEATURES and FIXES for our customers!
GP 18.3 New Features
- Masking SSN on HR reports
- Reconcile all years in GL at once
- User Defined field to GL transaction entry
- Print to screen option for any standard should open the report window as max size.
- Disable system print dialog box when printing a Word Template
- Limit Excel Copy/Paste Decimals Places to Currency Setup
- Copy and paste for purchasing transactions
- There are many other fixes and new features, which are all listed here.
Updated features that many have been asking for!
- Homepage | Maximized tile ignored when moving between areas
- Employee Lookup Additional Sorts Division, Supervisor and Location display data incorrectly
- Reprinting Sales Posting Journal no data returned when filtering by date if transaction was posted on the fly
- View Workflow History window not showing final approver name that is stored in the WF30100
- Exchange e-mail in Dynamics GP does not work with TLS 1.0 disabled
- Inquiry purchasing by vendor and Document windows by selecting “Document Number”-Descending is not working
- Vendor Inquiry window removes Country and Replaces with Vendor ID
- Fully applied Multicurrency documents are remaining the PM Historical Aged Trial Balance report
Bookmark this page and visit often as our Velosio team posts latest How-To’s, Best Practice guidance and information impacting our GP clients.