In a world where people and devices are increasingly connected, it’s crucial that your professional services firm delivers a seamless, end-to-end service experience. With Dynamics 365 for Field Service management, built-in intelligence helps you resolve service issues before they occur, reduce operational costs, and deliver positive onsite experiences.
For professional services organizations, connected field service management provides many advantages. For example, it can:
- Improve customer satisfaction with reduced downtime
- Predict and proactively prevent breakdowns
- Address issues faster by monitoring devices remotely
- Automatically determine and schedule resources when field technicians or consultants are needed
- Provide a central view for product usage, issues, and repair history
- Reduce costs by dispatching the right technician or consultant only when needed
- Identify under-performing or faulty equipment
- Allow preventative maintenance on consumption versus fixed schedule
- Improve first-time fix rates
Simultaneously improving customer satisfaction and resource productivity is a challenge. In the past, if you spent a lot of time with a customer to make them happy, your productivity decreased, or vice versa: if you tried to fit a few more appointments into each day, you might compromise on work quality or customer interactions.
Today, with Dynamics 365 for Field Service enabling digital transformation, professional service organizations can finally improve customer satisfaction and improve resource productivity at the same time. When organizations transform the typical onsite care experience into positive customer engagements, they build loyalty, encourage brand advocacy, and improve their bottom line.
Here are the top four reasons why it pays to transform your professional service firm with field service management software:
- Make Customer Relationships Your #1 Priority: According to the Harvard Business Review, a dramatic shift has taken place over the past ten years, in which businesses’ customer relationships have become twice as important as brand value in determining an enterprise’s overall worth. Due to technological shifts, consumers are less likely to be loyal to a brand name and more likely to differentiate based on service. At the same time, technology has given companies more direct access to customers, making it easier to provide the personalized service they seek.
- Simplify Contract Management: Make it easier to manage and maintain the accuracy of service contracts and installed products across customers and locations using field service management software. With more visibility into contract information, you drive faster, more accurate billing while helping field service teams identify new sales opportunities to drive additional revenue. With Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service, you can: use recurring service templates to pull in work schedules and pricing to simplify the quoting process, manage recurring service appointments with flexible billing options, and win more business by proactively engaging leads from contact to contract.
- Service Providers can be Marketers, too: Positive customer experiences beget repeat customers and referrals. These days, your consultants or technicians are some of your best marketers and salespeople. The bulk of the customer experience occurs during interactions with them, so interactions that go well or exceed expectations build valuable relationships with individual customers and may lead to capturing new leads or opportunities in the field.
- Better Manage Inventory: Have the right resources on every call. Manage inventory updates and stock history across locations, including warehouses, depots, and trucks. Real-time updates mean your inventory is always accurate, so you can better track your service stock for fewer write-offs, and create better forecasts.
Improve first-time fix rates with accurate allocation of parts, manage inventory information for any part of the transaction, including return material authorizations, stock adjustments, and stock transfer, track service stock accurately at mobile or fixed locations to reduce write-offs, and effectively forecast materials’ requirements.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service combines the Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) technology, and sensors with the power of a robust field service management solution. This model redefines how companies think about service. Connected field service is relatively simple to set up, can end up saving you money, and can be implemented in stages as your organization becomes more comfortable using it.
Connected field service can help your PSO achieve higher customer satisfaction and higher first-time fix rates as well as increase consultant/technician productivity. It can even help your business create new revenue streams focused on service. Ready to take action? Let us know if we can answer your Field Service for Professional Services questions today.
Chief Solution Strategist, Velosio
Robbie Morrison has spent nearly 20 years helping customers build and deploy elegant technology and business solutions. From start-ups to enterprise-class organizations worldwide, his knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem and products helps Velosio customers maximize ROI on technology investments.
Today, Robbie serves Velosio customers in his role as Chief Solution Strategist where he provides thought leadership and manages the development of B2B solutions. Robbie received his MBA from the University of Georgia, Terry College of Business.