If you work for a company that has many locations, you have felt the pinch of collaboration woes. In the past, working together meant sending massive emails filled with content that you hope encrypted properly or driving to and fro in an effort to remain on the same page. Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) changes that dynamic by making information available to all of the locations at the same time via the cloud. In addition to making interoffice collaboration seamless, it also changes the way companies conduct business with their vendors. Files can be shared virtually that would have required onsite presence before, freeing up time and resources for other tasks. Cloud ERP has a monumental impact on business in the modern age and this is just the beginning.
Consider the impact that Cloud ERP has on distribution organizations:
- Up to date, right away. Cloud ERP connects teams and other businesses in real time. This means that everyone is working from the same starting point and is kept abreast of changes as they happen. The implications of this kind of shift in the way business is done is monumental, especially when relating it to manufacturing.
- Internal sync up. Not only does Cloud ERP affect interactions between vendors, it also changes the way that organizations can share information. This is pivotal if key team members are not local to the vendor or if some of the staff work as remote employees.
- Greater ability to forecast. If you have ever worked on the implementation and delivery side of the house, you understand how important it is to have a clear view of what is coming down the pipe. Cloud ERP provides vendors and delivery organizations a better purview into what is coming 3 to 6 months out. That access allows them to prepare for the new jobs with more staff and resources as needed.
- Snap decisions made easy. The immediate nature of Cloud ERP allows for changes to made to the process right then and there. Those changes are then available to every vendor, every office, and every person. There is no data point that can be overlooked because it wasn’t communicated via email of phone. The change to the project plan is right there for everyone to see.
- Contact sharing for interoffice purposes. Cloud ERP removes all of the guesswork that comes with navigating medium to large organizations. Using this tool you will have access to not only process flows, but also the organizations and, indeed, the very individuals responsible for milestone events.
- Available anytime, anywhere. The cloud is available from anywhere and at any time. This means that if an executive is waiting in an airport for a red-eye flight, they can log in and check the status of the project without having to send an email and wait for a response in the morning. Or consider the scenario of a manufacturer that needs to check the availability of stock in locations around the world. With Cloud ERP they can do so during their workday as opposed waiting to reach out during specific hours. Cloud ERP allows true freedom.
- No lags in data entry. Additions and modifications can be made to the project plan, inventory list, or data flow immediately and they are disseminated right then and there as opposed to when someone returns from a meeting or after lunch. This means that the information in the cloud is always fresh.
Cloud ERP takes delivery organizations out of reactive mode and puts them squarely into the proactive realm. This effectively changes the way that business has been conducted for centuries.