I recently completed a 1,000-piece puzzle on a family beach vacation. It’s a good way to unwind, spend time together accomplishing a task, and escape the hot sun or rain. We finished the puzzle and it was rewarding, but have you ever reached the end of a puzzle and there is one missing piece or more? You placed 999 pieces but the picture is not complete. It reminded me that sometimes there are missing pieces when it comes to integrated ERP and Professional Services Automation (PSA). And most often that missing piece is Business Intelligence (BI).
PSA systems can measure utilization, backlog, and profitability. But most users report that there is plenty of room for innovation in analytics and BI. And you don’t want to be forced into integrating a third-party BI tool. You need it baked directly into your system. The key is to be able to drill into backlogs, trends, and accounts in real time.
Large professional services firms can find advanced project management functionality and enterprise BI in solutions like AXIO Professional Services, but small and mid-sized firms need something that better fits their needs, like Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business Edition.
Enter Progressus for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, Business Edition
Progressus is next-generation PSA and ERP software, mobile-enabled and architected for the intelligent cloud. It adds advanced project accounting, project management and resource management to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Business Edition to provide the most advanced business management solution for mid-sized professional services and project-based businesses.
Project reporting, analytics, and forecasting are built right into Progressus in the form of:
- KPIs – PM provides automatic access to project factors, where it is possible to see client rate, invoice rate, earning rate and efficiency rate per resource
- Dashboards – Different windows to follow up on more projects in one window so each project does not have to be opened separately.
- Extensive Data Views – View project data in a project summary, drilling down to view underlying information and get specific details about project transactions.
- Easily Understandable Information – Enable project managers to analyze information more effectively by presenting project and task data in familiar profit and loss (P&L) formats
- Income Analysis – Using Income analysis you can create forecasts of your cash flow, pipeline, turnover, expenses, etc.
Chief Solution Strategist, SBS Group
Robbie Morrison has spent nearly 20 years helping customers build and deploy elegant technology and business solutions. From start-ups to enterprise-class organizations worldwide, his knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem and products helps SBS Group customers maximize ROI on technology investments.
Today, Robbie serves SBS Group customers in his role as Chief Solution Strategist where he provides thought leadership and manages the development of B2B solutions. Robbie received his MBA from the University of Georgia, Terry College of Business.