You may remember that just before the release of CRM 2013, Microsoft released a new form design. However, they allowed users to retain the function and layout of CRM 2011 forms, known as V5 forms, if they upgraded.
Microsoft has extended this capability into the release of CRM 2015. That means, if you are on CRM 2011 or are on CRM 2013 but never upgraded your forms, you can upgrade your forms to CRM 2015 “as-is” and update the design after-the-fact, when it is most convenient for you.
CRM 2015 Migration Tools
To help you migrate your forms, Microsoft has provided both documentation and in-application tools:
- Documentation covers the process you need to go through to upgrade forms and design considerations you should take into account with regards to how your forms will appear on mobile clients and outlook clients.
- The in-app tools are located in the form designer
How to Tell the Difference between CRM 2011 and CRM 2013 Forms
- 2011 forms are all called ‘information’
- The form named ‘account’ is the 2013 form
- You will also have the ability to activate or deactivate a form, this was a feature added in 2013
- In the 2013 form, you will find a button called ‘merge forms’ and is only activated in a CRM 2013 based form. When you click this button, you will be presented with a look up dialog that allows you to choose a 2011 form. When you choose and import that from, it will take your customizations from 2011 and move them to the bottom of the 2013 form.
Learn more about upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 and Migrating Forms with this video:
(Form Migration content begins at the 6:45 minute mark)
Contact Velosio today to get started upgrading to Dynamics CRM 2015