The concept of “normal business hours” has changed dramatically over the past two decades, and customer expectations have changed as a result. I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know when I say that we live in a 24/7/365 world. So when you think about the services that you should be offering your clients, think about your own expectations from the companies you rely on.
Do you expect to be able to view your order history on Amazon at midnight? Do you expect to be able to transfer funds from one of your bank accounts to another on a Sunday when the bank is closed? Of course you do! You take 24/7/365 availability for granted. And so do your customers. Which is why your field services business needs a self-service portal.
A Customer Self-Service Portal from FieldConnect
The customer portal empowers your customers to place service requests, check the status of their work orders, and view site history – without having to get on the phone with your support desk during so-called “normal business hours.”
The Benefits of a Customer Self-Service Portal for Field Services Companies include:
- Using the portal as a sales tool to win new contracts and renew your existing ones
- Freeing up your dispatchers
- Allowing your customers to request service without ever picking up the phone
- Empowering your customers’ businesses by giving them online access to work order status and maintenance history
- It saves time all around – for your customers as well as for your employees. You’ll save the support team’s time when customers can input their own service requests. And one thing we know for sure is that time is money, so saving time means saving money, too.