Some disruptions to your supply chain are beyond your control, such as inclement weather and dock strikes. But that still potentially leaves a lot of room for optimizing, automating, and securing your supply chain, which, after all, is the life blood of your business. The “right” ERP software should support and optimize supply chain management.
How Microsoft Dynamics ERP Supports Supply Chain Management
- Optimize inventory levels using built-in intelligence to predict when and what to replenish.
- Purchase only what you need with dynamically updated inventory levels.
- Avoid lost sales and reduce shortages by maintaining the right amount of inventory.
- Automatically calculating stock levels, lead times, and reorder points.
- Suggest substitutes when requested items are out of stock.
- Maximize profitability by getting recommendations on when to pay vendors, to take advantage of vendor discounts, or avoid overdue penalties.
- Prevent unnecessary or fraudulent purchases through approval workflows.
All of the above benefits are part of the Microsoft Dynamics ERP software suite of supply chain management (SCM) functionality.
How Microsoft Dynamics ERP Optimizes Operations
- Managing forecasting to fulfillment using sales forecasts and expected stock-outs to automatically generate production plans and create purchase orders.
- Running your warehousing efficiently with a holistic view of inventory for efficient order fulfillment.
- Tracking every item transaction and movement by setting up bins based on warehouse layout and storage unit dimensions.
- Achieving optimal output levels with a system that calculates and optimizes manufacturing capacity and resources to improve production schedules and meet customer demands.
How Microsoft Dynamics ERP Promotes Sound Financial Management
- Let’s not forget some of the basics of sound financial management, which are at the core of Dynamics ERP and allow you to:
- Make informed decisions by connecting data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customer interactions to get an end-to-end view of your business.
- Chart financial performance in real time with built-in Power BI dashboards.
- Accelerate financial close and reporting by streamlining accounts receivables and payables, automatically reconciling accounts to close, and reporting on financials quickly and accurately, while maintaining compliance.
- Improve forecast accuracy by refining financial forecasts, modeling and analyzing data across multiple dimensions.
- Customize reports using seamless Microsoft Excel integration.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP is an end-to-end, all-in-one solution that addresses all of your most pressing business concerns and incorporates best practices for companies in the manufacturing and distribution sectors.