Entering the lineup of what’s new in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 are a host of new features. This post will highlight Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 HRP upgrades that optimize financial and HR/Payroll experience. Microsoft has listened to the voice of Dynamics GP users and added the following features to the HRP experience:
- Turn off Garnishment Detail and Summary reports when posting payroll. For those who do not wish to view garnishment data, this new option will speed up the payroll posting process. Turn off the two garnishment options in the Posting Setup.
- Roll down changes for active or all employees. Payroll setup options now permit a roll down of changes for only the active employee records, rather than all of them. This timesaving option exempts inactive employees from system updates, which could be significant.
- Omit inactive records in the Payroll Master look-up windows. This new filtering feature now appears in the Deductions lookup window with the option to exclude inactive deduction codes. The new filtering option appears in 3 Microsoft Dynamics windows: 1) Deduction Setup, 2) Employee Deduction Maintenance, and 3) Employee Transaction Required Deductions.
- Reprint Distribution Detail and Summary reports. Save your Distribution Detail summary reports to a file location and reprint them at any time from the reports listing on the Reprint Payroll Posting Journals window.
- Track wellness and health insurance deductions for employee benefit incentives. Provides tracking of discounts in the Advanced Human Resources Health and Wellness windows. The windows will automatically change the employee insurance deduction amount, as well as a history of the changes.