SaaS (Software as a Service) and Cloud technology have become some of the most talked about business resources today. But how do you know if adopting SaaS/Cloud solutions is better for your business than continuing with the traditional on premise software solutions? Here are 13 signs that your business may be ready for a Cloud ERP solution.
A Cloud ERP system is a good fit if you need to:
- Reduce Capital Costs – Avoid the costs of purchasing and replacing hardware for your ERP system.
- Extend Your IT Department – By hosting your ERP application in the cloud, common help desk calls and other IT management tasks like procurement and server configuration are reduced, freeing your IT staff to concentrate their talents on tasks that will improve the business and revenue generation rather than on general technical problems.
- Improve Your Ability to Scale – You can adjust users and applications up or down to meet the changing demands of your business, try-out new applications without a large capital investment, and roll out new applications to smaller groups individually, reducing risk and spreading training costs.
- Improve Security – Cloud providers have enterprise level expertise in securing data and data is often more secure in the cloud than it is in most server rooms.
- Better Business Continuity – Cloud vendors’ core function is providing infrastructure business continuity, so you can focus on your people and facilitates in the face of a disaster.
- Gain Flexible Reporting – Gain anywhere access and visibility for reporting just as it would be on premise.
- Integrate with Office and Outlook – Microsoft Dynamics products in the Cloud have the same integration options as their on premise counterparts. Check with your cloud provider to ensure that your ERP solution will automate your common business processes.
- Launch a Start-Up – Cloud ERP is a perfect fit for startup organizations and startup divisions within an existing company. You can use the functionality that you need and expand your use as the company grows.
- Support Global Expansion – One ERP system can service business operations around the globe, eliminating complex manual reporting from multiple systems. You and your employees will access the application and your data from anywhere on any device.
- Expand Employee Access – Because employees can access your ERP system from home (or anywhere else), your business can support green initiatives or promote employee satisfaction programs. In addition, critical business data will be stored in the secure cloud and not be transported to and from the office on flash drives or laptops.
- Upgrade Without Interruption – In the Cloud, software upgrades take place behind the scenes and without the need to involve internal IT resources. Upgrades should be coordinated with your vendor so that you and your team are ready to take advantage of the new functionality.
- Get a Fresh Start – Moving to the Cloud presents you with the opportunity to assess and re-architect your business processes and systems so that they are as efficient as possible for your organization.
- Continue a Relationship with Your Trusted Business Partner – Just because you move to the Cloud doesn’t mean that your relationship with your ERP partner is over. By selecting a solution in the Cloud, you will still work closely with a VAR, like Socius, to implement the solution and provide ongoing training and support.