When you combine the power of Microsoft Dynamics NAV R2 and Office 365, you can drive amazing results and better business insight. The ease of use and many applications will help your business be more effective when gathering and analyzing data. Here are our top 10:
- How to take advantage of PowerPivot: PowerPivot is a component in both Excel 2010 and Excel 2013. It is a powerful data mash up and data exploration tool that allows you to take advantage of Excel to do self-service BI and reporting through familiar features. This is done by using OData and queries for easy integration, queries in charts on pages for unparalleled performance, and by leveraging performance of queries for any data retrieval task in C/AL
- Power Viewer and Power Maps: Power Viewer, a component of Excel 2013, provides an interactive data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience for all skill levels and allows you to pull your data together in tables, maps, and a variety of charts in an interactive view that brings your data to life. When you create Power View sheets in Excel, you can view and interact with them on-premises in Excel Services and in Office 365. Power Maps can then display your data in the context of geography.
- Report Builder 3.0: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 Report Builder 3.0 is a report authorizing tool that features a Microsoft Office-like authoring environment. It includes new features such as; Sparkline, indicator data visualization, the ability to save report items as report parts, a wizard for creating maps, aggregates of aggregates, and enhanced support from expressions. You can use the Report Builder to customize customer reports
- OneNote: Microsoft OneNote is a digital note taking application that allows you to take notes that save to the cloud so you have them when you need them-phone, desktop, Surface and then share those notes with people who do not have OneNote. You can take notes directly in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 through OneNote and automatically link to a record or list.
- Leveraging Jet Reports Express: Jet Reports Express is a simple self –service – Ad-hoc in Microsoft Excel – reporting tool. It is for Microsoft Dynamics NAV comes at no addition cost if you are on an active business ready enhancement plan. With this tool, you have access to localized training videos and materials to any country having a Microsoft localized version of NAV. The improved functionality includes table builder, a more simple way to integrate data into Excel, a new General Ledger and Report Player functions, and the ability to sample reports and dashboards
- Office Apps: Apps are mini applications that extend what you can do with the new versions of Office and SharePoint. They are available for Word, Excel, outlook, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint 2013. Use Apps to get more out of your tools and applications.
- SharePoint Online: SharePoint Online delivers the powerful features of SharePoint without the associated overhead of managing the infrastructure on your own. With this you are able to extend your reach, keep your teams connected, and share business insight. Advantages include document handling, news feed, wikis, blogs, Workflow & Workspace, Themes & Branding, Business Connectivity Service, and Apps. Because it is all based on the same backend, only one development environment, and no extra deployment- lower deployment costs.
- Connecting People and date: These tools make it easy to access to emails, documents, people and meetings to work more efficiently. With Office 365, your people can work from anywhere on any device. There is a fluid user interface that works great with touch, mouse, and keyboard or pen. Office has new and improved ways for you to work more efficiently and naturally. Use Skype and Lync to stay better connected.
- Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Today: They seamlessly work together in multiple ways. Zetadocs Express comes at no additional cost for customers on an active business ready enhancement plan. With this you now have basic document management and approval application, document drag and drop, save and send as a PDF and fast and easy retrieval.
- Excel 2013: This gives you intuitive ways to explore your data. In one click you can discover new ways to visualize your data and see your information. Microsoft dynamic NAV 2013 R2 gets data into Excel through queries, OData, and Jet Reports Express
For assistance connecting your Dynamics NAV with Office more effectively, contact us!