After defining and customizing the criteria for a report in Sage 100 ERP, you can save the filter criteria and selections you made as a unique report setting that can be saved for future use and easily re-run later … without having to plug in all that criteria again manually. You can create and save any number of customized report settings per report and company.
The following example demonstrates how to take an existing report setting, modify the criteria, and save the new customized settings for future use.
1. In the Sage 100 report window at the Report Setting field, select the setting to use as the starting point for your new report. In this example, we’re starting with the existing Budget and History report.
2. Modify the settings in the Sage 100 report window to meet your new reporting requirements. When you’re finished, click the In the Sage 100 report window at the Report Setting field, select the setting to use as the starting point for your new report. In this example, we’re starting with the existing Budget and History report. Click the drop-down arrow next to the Save button and select Save As.
If Standard is selected at the Report Setting field in the report window, you cannot save the selections made on the Main or Select tabs in the report window to the Standard report setting. The settings made in the report window will revert back to the previous Standard report settings. When you click Save, the Save As Report Setting window appears allowing you to save the changes to another report setting name.
3. In the Save As Report Setting window at the Description field, type a new description for the report setting you are saving.
4. At the Type Field, select the report type option.
5. To save the report setting as your default report setting, select the Default Report check box.
6. To define advanced settings for the Sage 100 report, perform the following steps:
– Click Advanced. In the Advanced Setting dialog box, select either the Standard or Custom option to use a standard or custom report when printing the report.
– If you selected the Custom option, enter the path to the custom report and click ok.
7. In the Save As Report Setting window, click OK to save the report setting.
Changes made to an existing report setting are saved to a new report setting name or to the current report setting name depending on the options you selected. The report setting that you created will be available at the Sage 100 Report Setting field in the report window for future use.