According to the Nucleus Research H1 2012 Technology Value Matrix for Enterprise Applications, Microsoft Dynamics AX is a solid market leader, possessing all of the qualities of a top performing application.
While Enterprise Applications have been more traditionally known as Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP solutions, the industry trend to include features that increase user productivity and enhance decision-maker visibility has led to a change in name the reflects their â€œbeyond the back-officeâ€ capabilities.
According to Nucleus, top performing Enterprise Applications offer:
- Cloud-based versions – Microsoft Dynamics AX offers you the flexibility to choose an on-premise deployment or a hosted deployment through your software partner, like Socius Cloud Services.
- Prepackaged solution accelerators for specific industries – Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 features purpose-built industry functionality for manufacturers, retailers, distributors, services organizations and public sector entities and uniquely combines its industry-specific capabilities in one solution, benefiting organizations that require capabilities for more than one industry.
- Integrated analytics – Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 BI and Reporting includes more than 800 Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting Services reports, 11 SQL Server Analytics Server data cubes, and enhancements to the framework to provide better overall visibility and support better decision making.
- Mobile access – Microsoft Dynamics AX is accessible via the client application or web browser, so it is available anywhere, anytime through a secure web connection.
- Role-based access – Microsoft Dynamics AX includes more than 30 Role Centers to empower users and provide the right BI for each user’s job role
- Social collaboration capabilities – Microsoft Dynamics AX boasts “pervasive interoperability” with social and collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Lync to boost productivity and gain a better understanding of consumer demands.
Along with Dynamics AX, Nucleus placed Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne in the leaders quadrant of their Technology Value Matrix.