Gartner recently released their Magic Quadrant for ERP for Product-Centric Midmarket Companies which named Microsoft Dynamics AX as one of two leaders in this market segment.
Leaders in this area demonstrate a clear vision and the ability to execute against this vision. Midmarket ERP leaders must:
- Have deep and robust functionality that address a range of core user requirements
- Be straightforward and simple to use
- Be designed or streamlined for low total cost of ownership
- Be prepared to evolve their products with tools for embedded analytics
- Have user interfaces that allow for easy adoption by different types of users
- Have compelling strategies for addressing the ongoing market changes related to emerging technologies and extending their systems with industry-specific solutions.
- Cultivate a broad and generally overwhelming level of customer satisfaction in a number of geographies and industries
According to Gartner researchers, Microsoft Dynamics AX has proven its unique ability to execute through its long track record and above-average growth rates in the midmarket, its Microsoft Office-like user interface making it both easy to learn and intuitive to use, and its joint innovation model which provides both strong out-of-the-box functionality for select industries along with partner-built industry specific functionality.
Microsoft Dynamics AX boasts an equally high completeness of vision by developing six industry functionality layers that are being built into the core solution and continuing to develop integration with other components of the Microsoft technology stack.
Microsoft Dynamics AX is joined in the Leader’s Quadrant by SAP Business All-in-One. To see how the two solutions stack up side-by-side, read our comparison of Dynamics AX vs. SAP Business All-in-One.